Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How have classes been?


2 months ago, Matsuda Sensei was pleased that the class was full of motivation. She related that just like her previous classes, the motivation would not stay until Summer when the heat would sap the zest off students. Students' motivation would slowly go downhill and it is a challenging experience to perk up the environment.

I didn't know what she was talking about then.

2 months later, it's Summer and yes, Summer has arrived. It is dreadfully and awfully hot and humid. Even with the rain, the temperature stays at 27 to 29 degC everyday. I am always with the air-conditioner. It is bad but what to do, I don't have a fan with me. The temperature would only get hotter as it approaches August and starts to cool down by end of August.

But Summer could also mean that I would be able to do more stuff than before. The beaches, running in less clothings, more activities, more time in the pool, travel light to other parts of Japan, putting less burden on the water heater bill, put away the blanket, the jackets and even the shoes! Many ways to look at it.

I had been sickened by the cold initially that went as low as 6 to 5 deg C but am now taking an opposite stand on the heat here.


The silver lining now is that it reminds me alot about Malaysia and the weather now is exactly like in KL. It rains in KL, yes it rains here too at alternate days. It is hot and stuffy in my room here, and yes, it was hot and stuffy at the construction site in KL before I came here. What more can I equate..arghh..

As for motivation level, it did put a damper to our motivation level in class. There is an obvious decline in active participation and people like me, get sleepy easily. But Thank God for air-conditioners. Some damage control at least. Am I not caught in a Catch-22 now to whether dip myself in the pool, get a nice cool bath before I go home, but if I do that, I'd sweat profusely before I reach home....arghh...wicked...

No comments: