Friday, May 12, 2006

Hands-free, Hassle-free Toilet


I have compiled a list of FAQs from people who are interested to know about my stay here. One of them is: "Hey, is Japan's toilet very canggih one ah? There, I heard can wash your backside one leh?".....If you are one of them, this blog will answer to that question...

Yes, Japan has one of the most canggih toilets and they produce really innovative and creative designs for your bottom. And I love the toilets here. Basically, you don't get your hands dirty at all. Everything is controlled by buttons and dials. Just to top up to the answer, the seats also come with functions for air-drying, water temperature control so that it does not get your bottom all frozen up before you are dressed again. And yes, the seats are also heated and you can easily spot the ones with a heated seat by looking at the seat with electrical cables attached to it. The one in the picture is quite complete, though I have seen better ones. It is not only canggih but also user friendly. As for basins, sometimes I just hated the public wash taps because they don't have hot water, especially those with sensors. There is no way to adjust the temperature. At times the extreme cold water make my hands go numb, that I couldn't feel my fingers anymore after washing them.

Hand dryers here come in different forms. There is one that shoots out pressurised air horizontally like a pair of magnet with the same polar facing each other. The air pressure is so strong that your skin moves with it and your hands are dried up within 3 seconds. No joke...

No comments: